As a clinician, understanding quality improvement methods and their application is key to:
- Helping deliver high quality care to patients.
- Meeting external performance measurement requirements (e.g. patient centered medical home attainment, Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) quality measures, and/or involvement in payment reform models such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Maintaining board certification requirements
However, time to learn about using QI to improve care quality is scarce.
This webpage seeks to provide "one-stop" shopping access for busy NH pediatric and family practice clinicians to ways to learn about:
- How the NH PIP can support you in improving care quality
- Existing reports reviewing pediatric primary care quality in NH
- Pediatric Quality Improvement Projects in NH
- Pediatric Quality Improvement Organizations
- Quality improvement tools, education, and training resources
Click here to see a short 8-minute video about Quality Improvement in health care by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement and Dr. Mike Evans.
Ways the NHPIP can support you in improving care quality
- Conducting pediatric-focused QI Projects: The NHPIP provides opportunities for NH pediatric and family practice clinics to apply QI principles to improve care in your own practice! Through these projects, your clinic would receive support (coaching, webinars, learning sessions, etc.) to help implement the office and systems changes required to improve care. Often projects provide the ability to earn Continuing Medical Education and/or Maintenance of Certification credits. See an example of a current QI project.
- Offering or promoting opportunities for clinicians to build their clinical and QI skills. See an example of one opportunity.
- Promoting new pediatric QI measurement data, reports, and resources, with a particular focus on NH. See an example.
Want to learn more about the NHPIP?
- Schedule a presentation! The NHPIP staff has given informational presentations at almost a dozen New Hampshire pediatric and family practice clinics. To schedule a presentation at your clinic, please contact email@example.com.
- Join the NHPIP Practice Network! We are actively looking for pediatric and family practice clinics to participate in projects. When starting a new project, we contact our NHPIP Practice network first to see who is interested in participating. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.